No matter what your circumstances, TAFE Queensland SkillsTech has a payment option to suit you. If you are unsure of what's right for you, call us on 1800 654 447. We're here to help.
The Queensland Government will offset the cost of study for eligible students. You will still need to pay for a portion of your study costs. The amount above is what you will need to pay.
Higher Level Skills Subsidy
The Higher Level Skills subsidy is a one-off subsidy that offsets the cost of an eligible Certificate IV or higher courses.
You're eligible for the Higher Level Skills Subsidy if you:
- are 15 years or older and no longer in school
- live in Queensland full time or intend to live in Queensland for the next 6 months
- are an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent resident, or temporary resident with the necessary visa or work permits
- don't currently have (or are enrolled in) a certificate IV or higher level qualification.
For some courses, you may also be required to hold a certificate 3 in a relevant industry field.
^ Show less
You are eligible for the concession price of a course if you meet the eligibility requirements under the subsided costing and:
- hold or are listed on an Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card
- are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- have a disability.
You will need to provide evidence at the time of enrolment.